Let’s explore the power of meditation. Meditation isn’t about becoming a different person, a new person, or even a better person. It’s about training awareness and getting a healthy sense of perspective. You’re not trying to turn off your thoughts or feelings. You’re learning to observe them without judgment. So you may start to better understand them. Meditation has been mentioned as one of the most powerful practices to achieve flow, balance and well-being.
Meditation is a skill
When you start with meditation it’s like learning any other skill. Think of it like exercising a muscle that you’ve never used before. It takes consistent practice to get comfortable.
A lot of succesful people claim that “Meditation is the single greatest tool for success in any area of life.” I couldn’t agree more. Meditation doesn’t just bring you back to your center. It has the potential to activate your intuitive wisdom, emotional resilience, empath plus make you even more flexible and creative.
If you’re someone who wants to impact, serve, influence, manifest and create at the highest level, accessing this power available inside of us through this meditation practice is essential. Now we know all these benefits, how can we help ourselves to embed meditation into our daily routine,
Here are some of the tips which helped me when I started:
- Start of with using a guided meditation. When I started I used guided meditation apps like e.g. Headspace, Oprah & Deepak, Louise Hay etc.. or YouTube
- Set a fixed time every morning or evening or both when you do your meditation, start off with just 10 to 20 minutes
- Find a fixed place where you meditate. Create a nice and safe space where you feel at ease. You can use a candle, scented oils and some cushions to make yourself comfortable
- In the beginning I had an accountability partner who checked in with me to see if I was keeping up my routine
- Keep a journal to write down the insights you get in your meditations, enjoy your exploration
- I am testing out a new device that records your meditation and helps you reach the right meditation state it’s called a muse https://choosemuse.com
Start a daily practice
There’s no such thing as perfect meditation. Sometimes your mind will wander or you’ll forget to follow your breath. That’s OK. It’s part of the experience. What’s most important is to meditate consistently, make it part of your morning routine. Remember, the journey is more important than the destination.
Consistency is key
It takes time to get comfortable with your mind. There might be setbacks along the way but that’s part the journey. Keep going, being consistent is key. You’re doing great just by showing up. Thanks yourself every day for showing up after you have finished your meditation.
Start to explore the power of meditation today! See how your life will change for the better.