We’ve all had breakthrough moments in our lives. Those magical moments when we see the solution. For most of us, it was always there we just didn’t notice it. Think back to the last time you celebrated one of your breakthrough moments?
Don’t you just love it when a breakthrough happens? Whether it’s on a project or clarity regarding a decision. Sometimes it’s like I can feel the weight lift off my shoulders. Followed by a sense of relief going through my whole body when I experience the magic of a breakthrough! That’s when I know those are the precious moments I need to celebrate. Plus need to capture in my success journal.
Breakthroughs are great because often before one happens you might be feeling stuck, trapped, frustrated, overwhelmed or confused. Even when things are actually not so bad a breakthrough is always welcome. The best part of the breakthrough is the moment you feel the release this is how your body reflects it back to you.
Where the magic happens
That feeling when the stuck energy transitions back into energy that flows. For me that where the magic happens!! I have learned to stand still and appreciate these special moments by celebrating them and logging them in my success journal. When you have a big breakthrough your sense of freedom is amplified as well as your capacity to grow. It often gives you that confidence boots you need to go to the next level.
There’s nothing better than to have a “Eureka” moment. You struggle and come at the problem from different angles and all of a sudden there’s a “flash” and a “pop” and it all fits nicely in place.
When this happens to you, what do you? Do you:
- Breathe a sigh of relief?
- Jump for joy?
- Clap your hands?
- Grab your success journal?
I hope you do because breakthroughs, no matter how small, deserve a “hurrah”.
How to create more breakthroughs
Here’s what you can do to have more breakthroughs:
- Be versatile. Look at the problem from different angles, think-out-of-the-box.
- Dare to be bold and confident. Breakthroughs don’t come to the timid. If you get stuck in I “could do this” or “could do that”. Then stop, regroup and change back into action mode. It’s better to try and fail than to stay
- Be precise. When you’re trying to solve a problem, use some discipline in your thought process, then you won’t have that nagging feeling, you’ve left something out that didn’t quite fit. When the breakthrough comes, and they will, all the pieces have to fit together.
- Use helicopter view. In other words before you celebrate, make sure all the key parts and players are in alignment.
- Never give up. Be a finisher. Don’t just settle. For some (business) problems you have to go with the best you can, but not everything. Remember when you are tempted to quit; hang in there.
You may not have them every day. But when they do happen, be sure to celebrate your breakthroughs. Don’t just go on as if nothing happened because something very special did happen. When times get tough, and they always do, remembering the breakthroughs give you courage to forge ahead.
Life’s too short to waist any of it
Do you want more breakthroughs? You can have them, but it’s up to you. You’re the owner. It’s important to take action right now, there is no time like the present. “Life’s too short to waist any of it”. Don’t wait for a breakthrough moments go and create one! Just because you can.